I have spent the last two days at the local school with children of ages 8 and 9. We went through a few exercises and discussions that were really insightful and helpful.
– General Discussion about drawing and sketching
– Leading into taking pictures and cameras
– Making imaginary cameras that they want (using clay)
– Draw one great adventure you will have with your new camera. Be as imaginative and creative as you can!! Have fun.
– Who will you show all your wonderful pictures to?
– How will you show it to them? Try and think of a new way to do it! Remember it can be completely fun and it doesn’t have to use a computer.
a camera on your thumb, so you can do other things with your fingers | camera with removable screen
Very “gadget-y”, projects images wherever you need them | embellished jewel like cameras
Framed pictures, treasure? importance? | Show the pictures inside a tree trunk!! she said because it was ‘cozy’!! I need to decipher this.
buddy device, paring up with friends or family | “an image in the sun, picture projected into the sun because the sun is beautiful”